
Greyson Chance recently had an interview with Jon Bream of Startribune.com.
Q What are you most nervous about for this tour?
A I’m not nervous at all. I’m very excited. I’ve never been nervous. I love performing.
Q How many songs are done for your new album project?
A We’re just making the music and making the demos and mastering a lot of things. We have a lot of ideas. The style is pop music but it’s more like a Snow Patrol-type vibe. It’s pop but with rock influences.
Q How much writing have you been doing?
A Most of the record is actually written by me.
Q What have you learned about writing from your collaborators and producers?
A Just keep the song fun and keep it very energetic. Be able to hear the message of the song. If it’s supposed to be something very anger-driven or fearful, you need to make it ugly and blunt.
Q How do you think your songwriting has evolved?
A I wrote my first song about a year ago, “Broken Hearts.” I kind of actually know what I’m doing now. When I first started, I had no clue.
Q Who are your chief songwriting influences?
A I love old rock ‘n’ roll. Journey. I’m into Kiss. I’m into Bowie. I really love Queen.
Q Who are you listening to these days?
A I always listen to 20 songs before I go to bed. Journey, Mötley Crüe, Kiss, David Bowie, Semi-Precious Weapons [Gaga's foul-mouthed punk opening act].
Q So your parents let you listen to Semi-Precious Weapons?
A Oh, yeah. Most of the time they don’t know.
Q You are growing up fast.
A I’m growing up very fast, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.
Q What kind of input does Ellen DeGeneres have in your career?
A She’s very involved in the music, the songwriting and the creative process.
Q What’s the best advice she’s given you?
A She’s always about being true to yourself, always being yourself in the music and creative process, and don’t let anybody change you.
Read the rest of the interview on Startribune.com
View the original article here
0 comentarios:
Publicar un comentario